Friday, May 20, 2011

The scarcity of fresh water prevails.

Rain on the sea

It was a very grueling task to collect the rain water because it always required me to be alert.I kept rain water and the water I collected form the solar stills in the locker,out of Richard Parker's sight, in three 50 liter plastic bags.My worst nightmare was that i would open the locker one morning and find that all three had spilled or had split.To evade such tragedy, I wrapped them in blankets to keep them as little as possible to reduce, wear and tear.I always added a little sea water to Richard parker's fresh water,in a greater proportion in the days following a rainfall,in a lesser during periods of drought.The scarcity of fresh water was the single most constant source of anxiety and suffering throughout our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment